Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Sand is overrated. It's just tiny, little rocks."

One of my last few nights in Oceanside, I decided to leave my house... or wherever I was... at 2am and drive out to Montauk to watch the sunrise. I figured, from that point I can watch the sun come up directly over the horizon and I would be able to get great shots and even better memories.

After 3 hours of driving and several stops for coffee or energy drinks, we arrive only to find... clouds. I was disappointed, but the water still had its blue with hints of gold and silver streaking through it. Walking through the grass and pebbles it was like someone put a blue filter over my eyes. It was beautiful. My friends and I sat on the rocks, talking, or not speaking at all, just watching and taking in everything. Luckily, the barrier of clouds broke up in the middle of the sky enough for the sun to peak through. So, naturally, I took some pictures. There are more from the day, perhaps I'll post more another time.








- Ali
PS- Title Quote:
"Sand is overrated. It's just tiny, little rocks." - Joel (Jim Carey) in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind... which partially took place in Montauk. (And my hometown!)

No comments: