Thursday, July 10, 2008

Update!

So, I think I established that high school killed ... or severely damaged my passion for art and photography. At this point, I don't even want to double major at college, I want to keep my growing interest independent. It may make a future career that much harder... but I really don't want to risk losing something that's been important to me for over 15 years especially when it's via the education system.

This Sunday I leave for a road trip. I'm hoping new scenery and knowing that right now I'm not tied down to any school* or system or life altering responsibility or obligation, will let me "fix" what high school beat down. It will be the road, two good friends of mine, and my baby: A Nikon D80 (thanks, insurance!).

*Dad, if you're reading this: I KNOW I'm technically enrolled in Dayton, but I haven't started my first year so it's much different than being between years.

Anyway, I have another band to post! The group consists of someone I went to elementary school and beyond with, a guy I met and actually liked my Junior year of high school (that's a major compliment - there weren't many of those), and an awesome drummer I've only recently been introduced to. I'd like to say they're a beautiful mix between Three Days Grace and Nirvana with better lyrics and, obviously, their own unique touch. I had a photography dry-spell the past bundle of months and I guess you can say that these guys helped rekindle my interest. (Thank you for that, by the way guys.) Check them out!

www.onetontomatoes.com
www.myspace.com/onetontomatoes


I have a couple of pictures to post. I apologize, because these were taken in the "getting back into it" process. My eye's kind of rusty. That, and I have no access to photo-shop. Even though I only use it for colour corrections or red eye, it DOES make a difference. The quality also took a hit to it when I resized them in Paint, but you can click on them to make it larger... it helps a bit. Now that I've lowered expectations, here's a few from their show in Jersey this summer:











(Guys there are more - I made each of you a CD. Next time I see you I'll give em to you.)


As always, criticism/opinions are always awesome. I'll have more to post when I get back from my trip!



-The Ali




No comments: